We want to inform readers about a recent change that we’ve made at Gig Buddies HQ.
As you may know, we launched the Gig Buddies Central Coast (GBCC) branch last year and I (Matthew, Gig Buddies Central Coast Coordinator) have been working to grow the community ever since.
Due to the growth of both GBCC and Gig Buddies Sydney, we have made the decision to include the Ku-ring-gai and Hornsby Shire suburbs of Sydney within the Gig Buddies Central Coast catchment area. This change took place on the July 1 2022.
For those living within the Ku-ring-gai and Hornsby Shire areas of Sydney, this means that you are now classed as being part of the Gig Buddies Central Coast project.
What does this mean for you?
- This is purely an administrative change. This will not impact your experience with Gig Buddies.
- You can still attend both Gig Buddies Sydney and Gig Buddies Central Coast events.
- You will continue to be matched with your current buddy, or if you are currently unpaired - we will continue in our attempts to pair you with someone suitable.
What changes can I expect?
The main things that will change are:
- For signed up buddies, future NDIS Service Agreements will now state Gig Buddies Central Coast, not Gig Buddies Sydney.
- For those living within the Ku-ring-gai and Hornsby Shire areas of Sydney, I will now be your main point of contact. As such, I will be responsible for all check-ins.
My contact details are: 0402 708 814
What about Gig Buddies’ social events?
Gig Buddies’ social events will continue to take place on a monthly basis and will now be shared across the Central Coast, Hornsby and Ku-ring-gai areas.