Vivid Sydney is set to make a welcome return - and we’re delighted to offer Gig Buddies’ participants discounted tickets to a number of events.
After a two year forced break due to the pandemic, Vivid Sydney is back. Taking place between Friday 27 May and Saturday 18 June, for “23 days the festival will connect our city to light artists, music makers, brilliant thinkers and all creatives.”
As for our involvement, Gig Buddies have been generously provided discounted tickets to RnB, soul, dance, electro, punk and house music events. This May and June you’ll find us at the Sydney Opera House for the following:
- HTRK: Friday 27 May @ Sydney Opera House, Drama Theatre. 7pm start (duration of show yet to be confirmed). Reserve seating. Standard ticket price: $49.50. Gig Buddies price: $20 (plus $8.50 booking fee per transaction).
Event information: https://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/events/whats-on/vivid-live/2022/htrk.html
- RVG: Monday 30 May @ Sydney Opera House, Studio. 8pm start (duration of show yet to be confirmed). General admission, standing only. Standard ticket price: $34. Gig Buddies price: $20 (plus $8.50 booking fee per transaction).
Event information: https://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/events/whats-on/vivid-live/2022/rvg.html
- Skeleten: Wednesday 1 June @ Sydney Opera House, Studio. 8 - 10pm. General admission, standing only. Standard ticket: $34. Gig Buddies price: $20 (plus $8.50 booking fee per transaction).
- Astral People: Friday 3 June @ Sydney Opera House, Northern Broadwalk (outdoors). 5 - 10pm. General admission, standing only. Standard ticket: $89. Gig Buddies price: $30 (plus $8.50 booking fee per transaction).
- Miiesha: Friday 3 June @ Sydney Opera House, Utzon Room. 7 - 8pm. Unreserved seating. Standard ticket price: $34. Gig Buddies price: $20 (plus $8.50 booking fee per transaction).
- TEEKS: Monday 13 June @ Sydney Opera House, Joan Sutherland Theatre. 8 - 9:30pm. Reserve seating. Standard ticket price: $39. Gig Buddies price: $20 (plus $8.50 booking fee per transaction).
Event information: https://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/events/whats-on/vivid-live/2022/teeks.html
To take advantage of the discounted prices, email the team with the name of the event you’d like to attend. We can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll then forward a unique ticket link.
Please note, the reduced rate only applies for Gig Buddies’ participants. Whether you’re based in Sydney or on the Central Coast, all fully signed up buddies and volunteers are welcome to purchase discounted tickets.
Once again, we are indebted to the generosity of Vivid Sydney organisers and the Sydney Opera House. Thank you for your ongoing support and for providing participants with the opportunity to sample some of the best live music at this year’s event.
Next stop, Wyong
As for our very own Gig Buddies’ events, spots are still available for this Friday’s (8/4) outing to Love Lanes Festival.
Taking place in Wyong, this one-day festival is a “combination of colours, sounds and smells with the buzz, hype and vibe of an outdoor community street festival, encompassing the theme of ‘love'. Guests will enjoy live music, roving entertainment, food and market stalls, a kids zone, circus performances, plus more!”
To join us in Wyong load up the link below:
Also happening in April
As for the team in Sydney, they’re inviting Coasties to join them in Ryde, Marrickville and Mona Vale.
We kick things off this Friday (8/4) with a night of punk, hardcore and metalcore courtesy of Elision, who will be taking to the stage at Marrickville’s The Factory Theatre.
Mona Vale’s Park House is the next stop. We invite buddies to join us for a battle of wits as we partake in a night of trivia. And we round the month off with a visit to Ryde-Eastwood Leagues for Jellybean Jam - an evening of ‘deliciously tasty, full-flavoured hits of yesteryear combined with scrumptious servings of current chart-fillers’.
To join us at any of our events load up the links below:
We want your feedback
This is your last chance to help shape the facilitation of Gig Buddies face-to-face social events.
Responses continue to fly in - thank you to everyone who has taken the time to fill out our form.
To those who haven’t shared your thoughts, we want to hear from you. You have until this Saturday (9/4) to pass on your feedback.
It’s easy for us to go into solution mode rather than ask for the views of those who directly benefit from being part of the project. We can only make improvements or come up with changes if we hear back from you.
What motivates you to attend our events? What puts you off? How far would you be willing to travel? Do you only attend free gigs?
We want to hear from buddies, their support networks and volunteers. This survey is aimed at those based in Sydney and on the Central Coast. You are not required to share any personal information.
Help us improve Gig Buddies by filling out the following survey. Load up the link below to share your thoughts on our social gatherings.
Survey link: https://bit.ly/3Il2VfS
Our digital diary
While we have no online event taking place this week, we encourage participants to check out our newly launched calendar.
We’ve created an online Gig Buddies calendar, making it easier to keep abreast of what events we have coming up.
Our calendar includes dates for all chats, online socials and face-to-face gatherings. To access it using a desktop / laptop head to our website, www.gigbuddiescentralcoast.org and hover the cursor over the ‘what’s on’ tab (see image above).